Friday 19 November 2021

Writing

 Guy Fawkes Recount


Today you are going to write a recount of one of your favourite memories of Guy Fawkes or an incredible fireworks display that you have seen. During Guy Fawkes I am sure some of you will have had your own fireworks at home or would have seen other people in your neighbourhood letting off fireworks! Think of all the things that you saw and heard during this time.


Planning

Setting: Where is your recount set?

At Mission Bay in Auckland city.

Who: Who was there with you? Were you with your family?

I went with my four brothers, my dad and my Mum. 

What: What are the key things that happened?

There were lots of fireworks at Mission Bay. 

Senses: What did you see, feel, taste, hear and smell? Be as descriptive as you can

I saw lots of colourful fireworks up in the sky. I felt happy and joyful. I could taste the smoke in the air.  I could hear loud bombing sounds. I could smell the smoke in the air. 


Recount:

On friday the 5th of november me, my four brothers, my dad and my mum went to Mission Bay in Auckland city. We went to see the fabulous fireworks up in the sky like shooting stars. It was incredible. I saw lots of colourful fireworks up in the sky. I felt happy and joyful. I could taste the smoke in the air.  I could hear loud bombing sounds. I could smell the smoke in the sky. Me and my family went down the beach to see the fireworks properly, it was the best guy fawkes day of my life. It felt beautiful. All the fireworks colours were mixed up and beautiful lines came up the sky, just like a star. People were screaming, cheering and they were all so happy and shouting “HAPPY GUY FAWKES DAY!”. It was like a dream in my head. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.